QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY2R
A powerful Top-of-Rack Switch for Datacenter and Cloud Computing
- ONIE Pre-loaded
- Ultra-low Latency
- SDN Ready
- Cumulus Linux Ready
A Powerful Top-of-Rack Switch for Datacenter and Cloud Computing
Datacenter networks are facing a major paradigm shift toward the disaggregation of software and hardware. This move, combined with the benets of software-dened networking (SDN) allows network administrators respond quickly to changing business requirements at a lower capital cost as well as reducing the network operations complexity.
QuantaMesh BMS products offer higher performance, increased availability, low latency and better serviceability. QuantaMesh T3048-LY2R supports 48 SFP+ (1/10GbE speed) and 4 QSFP+ (10/40GbE speed) ports in a compact 1U size. By leveraging merchant silicon chips, T3048-LY2R is a high performance high density Ethernet switch with an aordable price for the deployment of data center infrastructure. With ONIE (Open Network Installation Environment) pre-loaded on QuantaMesh BMS switches, it provides the exibility and allows choice of network operating system supported by ONIE installer. This provides agile installation process and faster response for the changing business demand.
48 1/10GbE SFP+ and 4 40GbE QSFP+ ports
Out-of-band management port (RJ-45, 10/100/1000Base-T)
|Maximum forwarding rate||
Broadcom StrataXGS Trident+
NXP PPC P2020
90% maximum relative humidity
179 watts (L2 64B line rate; 10G-SR optics, 100% fan duty)
UL, cUL, CB, BSMI, CCC
CE, FCC, VCCI, KCC, BSMI, CCC
Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) 6
|Supported Optics and Cables|
|Supported Optics and Cables||
DAC cable (SFP+): 0.5m, 1m, 1.5m, 2m, 2.5m, 3m, and 5m
AOC cable (SFP+, 850nm, MMF): 1m, 3m, 7m, 10m, 20m, and 100m
DAC cable (QSFP+): 1m, 3m, and 5m
DAC cable (QSFP+, fan-out): 1m, 3m, and 5m
AOC cable (QSFP+, 850nm, MMF): 7m, 10m, and 20m
10G optic (SFP+, LC, 850nm, MMF): 10GBASE-SR optic
10G optic (SFP+, LC, 1310nm, SMF): 10GBASE-LR optic
40G optic (QSFP+, MPO, 850nm, MMF): 40GBASE-SR4
40G optic (QSFP+, LC, 1310nm, SMF): 40GBASE-LR4
BMS T3048-LY2R (1LY2BZZ0015) (F-2-B, AC)
BMS T3048-LY2R (1LY2BZZ0016) (B-2-F, AC)
PSU - Blue (1HY9ZZZ0061) (F-2-B, AC, 470W)
PSU - Green (1HY9ZZZ002P) (B-2-F, AC, 470W)
Installation / Setup Tips (5)
- 1. Can Cumulus Linux runs on QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 2. Can I change the Network Operating System (NOS) on the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 3. Can I replace the power supply unit (PSU) and fan to a different direction airflow by myself?
- 4. The redundant power supply unit (PSU) in QuantaMesh Switch.
- 5. Why did the ports suddenly go down on QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch with evaluation license of QuantaMesh Network OS ?
- 1. How can I evaluate the QuantaMesh Network OS (QNOS) on the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 2. How to choose the 10GbE (SFP+) switch solution between T3048-LY2 and T3048-LY2R?
- 3. What is SDN-ready QuantaMesh Ethernet Switch?
- 4. What is included in the QuantaMesh Network Operating System (QNOS)?
- 5. What is the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch (QuantaMesh BMS)?
- 6. Which QuantaMesh Switches are recommended for the Open Compute Project (OCP)?
Colfax International - Reseller / System Integrator
2805 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Ma Labs - Distributor
2075 North Capital Avenue, San Jose, CA 95132
SHI International Corp. - Reseller / System Integrator
290 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ, 08873 USA