Quanta Cloud Technology (QCT) Unveils New Branding to Match Business Focus
Rebranding distinguishes QCT—which is delivering its own brand of cloud datacenter technology and services—from ODM-focused parent company Quanta Computer Inc.
OPEN COMPUTE PROJECT SUMMIT — SAN JOSE, Calif. — March 10, 2015 – QCT (Quanta Cloud Technology), advanced hardware and integrated systems provider to cloud datacenters worldwide, today unveiled new corporate branding and positioning, clearly marking the differences in focus and capabilities between the company and its parent, Quanta Computer Inc.
QCT launched at the May 2012 Open Compute Summit in San Antonio, Tex., selling hardware made by Quanta Computer Inc. QCT has since leveraged the Quanta logo and branding, which was useful in helping the market understand the connection between the two companies. Eventually, however, this led to confusion regarding the market positioning and capabilities of the two companies.
The new QCT branding unveiled today separates the two businesses’ brands to better communicate the QCT market positioning and value proposition. Quanta – Quanta Computer Inc., the parent of QCT – focuses on the ODM market. By contrast, QCT (Quanta Cloud Technology) sells, integrates and services its own brand of datacenter gear. QCT sells directly to cloud service providers, large enterprises, and – through channel partners – to enterprises and SMBs. QCT also provides a wide range of services to its customers, including configuration, integration and optimization services. These services are provided directly by QCT to cloud service providers, large enterprises and its channel partners. For enterprises and SMBs, these services are provided through QCT channel partners.
- QCT offers a complete lineup of server, storage, networking and integrated rack products. These are backed by a suite of configuration, integration and optimization services that help customers configure the most suitable product combination and gain the most optimized performance for their unique workloads. QCT differentiates itself as a complete datacenter product and service provider, all under one roof.
- QCT sells directly to cloud service providers and large enterprises. Via its channel partners, it also sells to enterprises and SMBs.
- Quanta is the parent of QCT and remains focused on the ODM market.
- Quanta provides a range of capabilities to QCT, including engineering, manufacturing, system and rack integration and supply chain support through the Quanta global network.
- The new QCT symbolmark visually connects to the cloud business focus of QCT, with a simple, clean expression that is easily recognizable and communicates the QCT commitment to provide simple, efficient and easy-to-use products.
- The symbolmark emphasizes the company’s product and integrated systems focus, with individually colored squares indicating different product lines. Light blue represents servers, orange represents storage, green represents networking and dark blue represents rack systems.
- A transition version of the logo with “Quanta Cloud Technology” type treatment will be used during the transition period, after which the type treatment will be removed.
“The efficiency and performance ‘genie’ of hyperscale cloud computing has been let out of the bottle by QCT,” said Mike Yang, general manager of QCT. “Our new branding expresses our company’s commitment to extending the power of hyperscale datacenter design and operation to all customers, regardless of size. Hyperscale engineering excellence is in our DNA, and we’ve played a big role in the ongoing disruption of the datacenter ecosystem. The complete scope of products and services that this new branding represents can only be accomplished by a company with an extensive product line backed by exceptional engineering and services.”