Enterprise Grade 4U 4-Socket Server
- Unsurpassed Computing Power
- High Memory Capacity – up to 1TB
- Reliable Internal 4TB Storage
* Limited Availability *
Please contact a local distributor or QCT local office for the product availability and support.
Enterprice Grade 4U 4-Socket Server
Jointly developed with Intel®, the STRATOS QSSC-S4R is powered by Intel's latest generation Xeon® processor 7500 & E7-4800 series for the expandable server segment. Designed specifically for high performance computing environments such as datacenters and large enterprises, the rack mounted QSSC-S4R features significant benefits including expandability with up to 4 processors with 40 independent processor cores, 1 Terabyte system memory via 64 memory DIMMs, 10 PCIe expansion slots, and as much as 4TB of internal storage.
Unsurpassed Computing Power
QSSC-S4R delivers unmatched flexibility with its 4U form-factor, built in support for up to 40 processor cores, and increased processor cache with the Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 & E7-4800 series. The QSSC-S4R architecture gives any IT manager the extra headroom to run simultaneous processes, greater flexibility to deploy server virtualization/consolidation, and large enterprise level capabilities to run business critical applications.
High Memory Capacity – up to 1TB
QSSC-S4R overcomes the space limitation of the 4U form factor and can accommodate up to 8 hot-swappable 8-DIMM memory riser boards. With 1TB of system memory, this is double the capacity of the previous generation in this category. From a business planning perspective, this system offers future proof capability to host virtual machines and memory-intensive HPC applications, such as engineering design automation, geophysical modeling, seismic applications, etc. From a memory-budget perspective, the system supports lower cost 4 GB DDR3 registered (with ECC) DIMMs for a total of up to 256 GB. Or alternately, QSSC-S4R supports memory DIMMs of newer DRAM technology and of larger DIMM capacity (at higher cost), such as 8GB and 16GB DDR3 registered DIMMs.
Reliable Internal Storage
QSSC-S4R supports up to eight 2.5-inch hot-swappable SAS/SATA HDDs, delivering up to 4TB of internal storage for demanding data needs. This is the ideal solution for datacenter applications, enterprise database, data warehousing analysis, streaming media, messaging platforms, etc.
I/O Riser Board and PCI Express
The QSSC-S4R I/O riser board houses the integrated Baseboard Management Controller (iBMC). It also extends server versatility by adding additional I/O capacity without using valuable PCIe slots. The system provides additional quad Gb NIC ports, one video connector, one DB9 serial port connector and support for Intel® Remote Management Module 3. In addition, QSSC-S4R supports up to 10 PCIe devices (including 4 hot-swappable), reducing server downtime, minimizing data I/O bottlenecks, and providing high bandwidth and scalability.
Redundant Cooling and Power Supply
QSSC-S4R provides high-scale system reliability and availability via redundant power supply (3+1 or 2+2) and redundant cooling (7+1) designs. Both QSSC-S4R power supply units (PSU) and the system fans are designed with hot-swap capability.
With QSSC-S4R server systems, datacenters and large enterprises can gain competitive advantage with increased IT productivity, flexibility, and systems manageability. It is an ideal solution that datacenters and large enterprises can count on now and in the future.
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
Intel® Xeon® processor E7-4800 product family
|Max. TDP Support||
|Number of Processors||
Up to 6.4 GT/s
Up to 30MB
|W x H x D (inch)||
16.69 x 6.8 x 27.71
|W x H x D (mm)||
424 x 174 x 704
Intel® E7500 chipset + ICH10R
(8) 2.5" hot-plug
Up to 1TB RDIMM
1333/1066 MHz DDR3 RDIMM
16GB, 8GB, 4GB, 2GB RDIMM
(4) PCIe Gen2 x8
(3) PCIe Gen2 x4
(1) PCIe Gen2 x16
(1) PCIe Gen1 x4
(1) PCIe Gen2 x8 dedicated SAS mezzanine slot
(2) Intel® 82576 supports quad 1GbE ports
Please refer to our Compatible Component List for more information
(5) 25" half height device bay
(3) USB 2.0 ports
(1) VGA port
SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
2+2 High efficiency redundant hot-plug 850W PSU, 80 Plus Gold
(8) hot-plug system fans
IBMC (Pilot II) with supported VGA
IPMI v2.0 Compliant
(2) USB 2.0 ports
(1) VGA port
(1) RS232 serial port
Operating temperature: 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)
Non-operating temperature: -40°C to 65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
Operating relative humidity: 50% to 85%RH
Non-operating relative humidity: 20% to 90%RH
Installation / Setup Tips (8)
- 1. Can't boot UEFI installed OS in Legacy mode?
- 2. Installing Oracle Linux 7 will generate the failure message : Failed to insert module 'autofs4'.
- 3. Cannot run under Administrative privileges java based Disk Management Utility under windows 2012
- 4. Is there a way to get MB SN via ipmi?
- 5. Please read the readme file before attempting upgrade BIOS/BMC.
- 6. Couldn't install UEFI CentOS 6.2 when BIOS Boot mode as UEFI
- 7. RHEL 6.3 uEFI combined with tboot is not supported.
- 8. System doesn't shut down when doing graceful shutdown function via QSM.
- 1. HDD disorder in Linux OS
- 2. How do I rebuild a software RAID 1 array after a disk failure?
- 3. Linux OS Support for Disk Drives Beyond 2.2 TeraBytes (TB)
- 4. UEFI RHEL6.5 will randomly reboot due to Watchdog2 Hard Reset(SMS/OS) occur
- 1. Memory detect issue.
- 2. On RHEL 5.1 64-bit, there are some BIOS bug & MEMORY events occured.
- 3. When booting up with Mellanox CX3 Pro, the system will display ''Unable to locate configuration file."
- 4. [WHCK]Test items ''UEFI Firmware Certification Test'' failed under UEFI W2K8R2SP1.
- 1. Does QSSC-S4R have the same remote management interface as other server products?
- 2. How QSSC-S4R's redundant function of power supply module works?
- 3. What are the major differences between Enterprise SKU and Value SKU of QSSC-S4R? How to choose?
- 4. When the QSSC-S4R Event Log (SEL) is full, the system fails to POST.
- 5. Which QSSC-S4R PCIe slots can be “hot-swap”?
Colfax International - Reseller / System Integrator
2805 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Ma Labs - Distributor
2075 North Capital Avenue, San Jose, CA 95132
SHI International Corp. - Reseller / System Integrator
290 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ, 08873 USA