2-Socket 32-Core High Computing 1U Server
- Ideal for cloud computing, HPC, databases and business applications
- Maximum Computing Performance
- High Storage Flexibility
- Enhanced I/O Scalability
* Limited Availability *
Please contact a local distributor or QCT local office for the product availability and support.
2-Socket 32-Core High Computing 1U Server
Quanta STRATOS S215-X12KS is based on the AMD Opteron™ 6200 series processor. It is optimized for the demands of computing-constrained datacenter environments. It supports up to two 16-core AMD processors, up to 512GB of memory and large storage capability in a 1U form factor, providing the highest core density and computing power to handle demanding multi-threaded workloads such as cloud computing, high performance computing (HPC), databases and business applications.
Maximum Computing Performance
Quanta STRATOS S215-X12KS is a 2-socket rackmount server, featuring two AMD Opteron™ 6200 series processors with up to 32 processor cores, and 16 DIMM slots in a 1U chassis. It delivers maximum computing power with 33% more cores and enables 20% more memory bandwidth than the previous AMD 2-socket servers. The S215-X12KS is perfectly designed to improve overall system balance and handle the most demanding workloads with superb stability, high efficiency, long-term value, and remarkable price-performance advantage ideally for compute-intensive environments such as high performance computing.
High Storage Flexibility
Quanta STRATOS S215-X12KS supports up to 12x HDDs and provides many storage combinations in a 1U chassis. Choices include four 3.5" hot-plug HDDs plus one 2.5" fixed SSD, or ten 2.5" hot plug HDDs plus two 2.5" fixed HDDs. In addition, the S215-X12KS also offers an optional SATADOM for OS installation. Datacenters can choose different levels of storage from 3Gb/6Gb HDDs, tp enterprise SSD drives to create optimal storage solutions for different business applications.
Enhanced I/O Scalability
The STRATOS S215-X12KS offers impressive I/O scalability to meet datacenters' diverse applications. It has two onboard GbE RJ45 ports; expansion options include one standard PCIe x8 Gen2 slot and two dedicated x8 mezzanine slots for SAS/RAID, GbE, 10GbE Base-T RJ45, or 10GbE SFP+ adaptors. The flexibility allows datacenters to configure the server and to deploy their unique IT environments.
AMD OpteronTM 6200 product family
AMD OpteronTM 6300 product family
|Max. TDP Support||
|Number of Processors||
Up to 16MB
|W x H x D (inch)||
17.24 x 1.7 x 28.7
|W x H x D (mm)||
438 x 43 x 728
Option 1: (10) 2.5" hot-plug
Option 2: (4) 3.5" hot-plug
Up to 384GB RDIMM
1600/1333 MHz DDR3 RDIMM
16GB, 8GB RDIMM
(1) PCIe Gen2 x8 LP MD-2
(1) PCIe Gen3 x8 OCP mezzanine slot
Broadcom 5720 dual-port 1 GbE
Please refer to our Compatible Component List for more information
Option 1: None
Option 2: (2) USB 2.0 ports
6x SATA 3Gb/s ports
SATA RAID 0, 1, 10
1+1 High efficiency redundant hot-plug 750W PSU, 80 Plus Gold
(4) system fans
Integrated AST2050 with 8MB DDR3 video memory
IPMI v2.0 Compliant, on board "KVM over IP" support
(2) USB 2.0 ports
(1) VGA port
(1) RS232 serial Port
(2) 1 GbE RJ45 port
(1) GbE RJ45 magement port
Operating temperature: 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)
Non-operating temperature: -40°C to 65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
Operating relative humidity: 50% to 85%RH.
Non-operating relative humidity: 20% to 90%RH
|Weight (Max. Configuration)|
|Weight (Max. Configuration)||
Installation / Setup Tips (10)
- 1. Stop Error 0x1A in the nt!MiUpdateWsle function in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- 2. Can't boot UEFI installed OS in Legacy mode?
- 3. Cannot run under Administrative privileges java based Disk Management Utility under windows 2012
- 4. Is there a way to get MB SN via ipmi?
- 5. Please read the readme file before attempting upgrade BIOS/BMC.
- 6. Couldn't install UEFI CentOS 6.2 when BIOS Boot mode as UEFI
- 7. RHEL 6.3 uEFI combined with tboot is not supported.
- 8. RHEL 7 can't install guest OS from CD/DVD-ROM.
- 9. Setting resolution by hot key ''CTRL'' + ''ALT'' + ''+'' or ''-'' doesn't work in RHEL7.
- 10. System doesn't shut down when doing graceful shutdown function via QSM.
- 1. HDD disorder in Linux OS
- 2. How do I rebuild a software RAID 1 array after a disk failure?
- 3. Linux OS Support for Disk Drives Beyond 2.2 TeraBytes (TB)
- 4. UEFI RHEL6.5 will randomly reboot due to Watchdog2 Hard Reset(SMS/OS) occur
- 5. reboot command will cause system power off in Ubuntu 12.04.
Colfax International - Reseller / System Integrator
2805 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Ma Labs - Distributor
2075 North Capital Avenue, San Jose, CA 95132
SHI International Corp. - Reseller / System Integrator
290 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ, 08873 USA