2-Socket High Memory OCP Compliant Server
- Ideal for Memcached, Data Analysis, Virtualization, and Cloud Computing
- Maximum Computing Performance with Low Energy Draw
- High Storage Flexibility & Enhanced I/O Scalability
* Limited Availability *
Please contact a local distributor or QCT local office for the product availability and support.
2-Socket High Memory 1U Rackmount Server
Quanta STRATOS S210-X12RS is an Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/ E5-2600 v2 product family-based server platform optimized for the demands of the highest density datacenter environments. It boosts general performance by up to 80% over a previous generation Intel® Xeon® processor-based server, and provides up to 768GB of memory capacity in a space-efficient 1U form factor. From virtualization, datacenter infrastructure to design automation or real-time financial transactions, datacenter operators will achieve the performance their customers demand, because the S210-X12RS is a perfect solution for applications with demanding memory capacity.
Maximum Computing Performance with Low Energy Draw
Quanta STRATOS S210-X12RS is an ultra-dense 2-socket rackmount server, supporting up to 12-core Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/ E5-2600 v2 product family and 24 DDR3 DIMMs in 1U space. The S210-X12RS enables up to 2x better technical computing performance with Intel® AVX and new Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, while getting up to 50% more performance per watt than previous generations.
In addition, ample DIMM slots enable support for up to 768GB of system memory on low-voltage DIMMs while lowering datacenter operation cost with the least energy consumption. S210-X12RS is ideal for any memory-constrained application, such as memcached, data analysis, virtualization, and cloud computing.
High Storage Flexibility
In a 1U chassis, the STRATOS S210-X12RS provides choices of four 3.5" or ten 2.5" hot-plug HDDs. Datacenters could choose different levels of storage from 3Gb/ 6Gb, or enterprise SSD drives to create optimal storage solutions for different applications. The S210-X12RS also offers SATADOM option for OS installation.
Enhanced I/O Scalability
The STRATOS S210-X12RS offers impressive I/O scalability to meet diverse datacenters applications. Its onboard network has choices between two GbE and 10GbE RJ45 ports. Customers can select the ideal configuration for their datacenter networking environment. Expansion options include onboard Intel® SAS/RAID upgrade ROM, one standard PCIe x16 slot, and two dedicated x8 mezzanine slots for SAS/RAID and 10GbE SFP+ adaptors. By supporting PCIe 3.0, it improves I/O bandwidth up to 2x from previous generation. I/O latency is also dramatically reduced with Intel® integrated I/O and Data Direct I/O technology, which helps datacenters to eliminate data bottlenecks, streamline operations, and increase agility.
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 product family
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 product family
|Max. TDP Support||
|Number of Processors||
6.4 / 7.2 / 8.0 GT/s
Up to 30MB
|W x H x D (inch)||
17.24 x 1.7 x 28.7
|W x H x D (mm)||
438 x 43 x 728
Option 1: (10) 2.5" hot-plug
Option 2: (4) 3.5" hot-plug
Up to 384GB RDIMM
Up to 768GB LRDIMM
24x 1866/1600/1333 MHz DDR3 RDIMM
24x 1600 MHz DDR3 LRDIMM
16GB, 8GB RDIMM
(1) PCIe Gen3 x16 FHHL
(2) PCIe Gen3 x8 mezzanine Slots
Intel® I350 dual-port 1 GbE
Dedicated 1 GbE management port
Intel® X540 dual-port 10GbE BASE-T
Dedicated 1 GbE management port
Please refer to our Compatible Component List for more information*
Option 1: SKU: None
Option 2: SKU: (2) USB 2.0 ports
(12) SATA 3Gb/s ports
(2) SATA 6Gb/s ports
SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
SAS RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 enabled with upgrade ROM options
Please refer to our Compatible Component List for more information
1+1 High efficiency redundant hot-plug 750W PSU, 80 Plus Gold
(6) system fans
Integrated AST2300 with 8MB DDR3 video memory
IPMI v2.0 Compliant, onboard “KVM over IP", Quanta System Manager (QSM)/ Quanta DataCenter Manager(QDCM) (optional) support
(2) USB 2.0 ports
(1) VGA port
(1) RS232 serial Port
(2) 1 GbE or 10G BASE-T RJ45 port
(1) GbE RJ45 magement port
Operating temperature: 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)
Non-operating temperature: -40°C to 65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
Operating relative humidity: 50% to 85%RH.
Non-operating relative humidity: 20% to 90%RH
Yes (With TPM 1.2/ 2.0 option)
|Weight (Max. Configuration)|
|Weight (Max. Configuration)||
Installation / Setup Tips (10)
- 1. Stop Error 0x1A in the nt!MiUpdateWsle function in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- 2. Can't boot UEFI installed OS in Legacy mode?
- 3. Cannot run under Administrative privileges java based Disk Management Utility under windows 2012
- 4. Is there a way to get MB SN via ipmi?
- 5. Please read the readme file before attempting upgrade BIOS/BMC.
- 6. Couldn't install UEFI CentOS 6.2 when BIOS Boot mode as UEFI
- 7. RHEL 6.3 uEFI combined with tboot is not supported.
- 8. RHEL 7 can't install guest OS from CD/DVD-ROM.
- 9. Setting resolution by hot key ''CTRL'' + ''ALT'' + ''+'' or ''-'' doesn't work in RHEL7.
- 10. System doesn't shut down when doing graceful shutdown function via QSM.
- 1. Can not detect on-board RSTe RAID (0, 1, 10) when install Ubuntu 12.04.03
- 2. Can not detect on-board RSTe RAID (0, 1, 10) when installing VMware ESXi 5.5.
- 3. Does VMWARE support Intel SCU driver on Romley platform system?
- 4. HDD disorder in Linux OS
- 5. Hard drive LED sometimes shows red Fault LED when the drives are known to be good under Ubuntu. Hard drives are connected through onboard Intel SCU ports.
- 6. How do I rebuild a software RAID 1 array after a disk failure?
- 7. Intel RSTe RAID volume status is "Degraded" when building RAID volume.
- 8. Linux OS Support for Disk Drives Beyond 2.2 TeraBytes (TB)
- 9. UEFI RHEL6.5 will randomly reboot due to Watchdog2 Hard Reset(SMS/OS) occur
- 10. reboot command will cause system power off in Ubuntu 12.04.
- 1. Memory detect issue.
- 2. On RHEL 5.1 64-bit, there are some BIOS bug & MEMORY events occured.
- 3. When booting up with Mellanox CX3 Pro, the system will display ''Unable to locate configuration file."
- 4. [WHCK]Test items ''UEFI Firmware Certification Test'' failed under UEFI W2K8R2SP1.
- 1. I would like to know port numbers for BMC for console redirection?
- 2. RMC cannot detect sled add/remove for OCP rack.
- 3. S210-X12RS: Can SCU mini SAS cables be used onto the AHCI mini SAS port as well?
- 4. S210-X12RS/ QSSC-S210-X22RQ "Ctrl-I" function key via RKVM for IRST OPROM during POST is not working on laptop keyboards.
- 5. S210-X12RS/ QSSC-S210-X22RQ The BMC will generate SPS error logs during firmware updates for BIOS or BMC or during CPU thermal trip testing.
- 6. S210-X12RS/ QSSC-S210-X22RQ Web UI displays the error mssage : IPMI ERROR: XXX.
- 7. WebUI BIOS version will display the correct version after updating the FW during POST.
- 8. rKVM mouse cursor can't sync when the mouse mode is set to absolute on SUSE OS.
- 9. S210-X12RS / S210-X22RQ cannot detect Mezzanine card?
Colfax International - Reseller / System Integrator
2805 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Ma Labs - Distributor
2075 North Capital Avenue, San Jose, CA 95132
SHI International Corp. - Reseller / System Integrator
290 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ, 08873 USA