QuantaMesh BMS T3048-LY7
The Next Wave Data Center/Enterprise Switch
- ONIE Pre-loaded
- x86 CPU Board Support
- ONL Ready
- BMC Built-in
- Cumulus Linux Ready
The Next Wave Data Center/Enterprise Switch
Data center networks face changes with hardware and meeting the requirements of the software it hosts. Quanta Cloud Technology provides a series of Bare Metal Switches, the QantaMesh BMS product line, that addresses these changes in the data center market. The QuantaMesh BMS product lines support speeds up to 100G speeds on their Ethernet Switches. To meet the requirements of high performance, high availability, fast scale out, low latency performance, and continuous serviceability in data center applications, the QuantaMesh BMS product line is the best choice.
BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) embedded on the server as the core of the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) architecture can now be implemented in the Ethernet switch. In addition to providing health monitoring of the temperature, power status, and cooling fans; BMC also aids in the deployment and management of software and hardware peripherals.
QuantaMesh T3048-LY7 supports 48 SFP+ (1/10GbE speed) ports and 4 QSFP28 (40/100GbE speed) in a compact rack unit size. By levering merchant silicon chip, T3048-LY7 is a high performance high density Ethernet switch with advanced features such as smart table, dynamic load balancing, and RIOT support. With ONIE (Open Network Installation Environment) pre-loaded it could be used for any OS which supports ONIE installer to achieve agile installation and fast response for the changing demand.
48 SFP+ ports support 1/10GbE and 4 QSFP28 ports support 40/100GbE
1 RJ-45 out-of-band management port (10/100/1000M)
1 RJ-45 console port
1 USB 2.0 port
|Maximum forwarding rate||
Line Rate Pefromance (>427B packet size)
<900ns (10G speed)
Unified Forwarding Table to dynamically allocate the L2/L3 tables
Broadcom StrataXGS Maverick
|x86 CPU Module|
Intel Atom Processors
|Serial over LAN|
|Health status and hardware monitoring|
|PEF and PET|
|Watchdog and system re-start|
|Redundant power supply||
|Hot-swappable fan tray||
90% maximum relative humidity
174W (100% fan duty)
UL, cUL, CB, CCC
CE, FCC, VCCI
Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) 6
|Supported Optics and Cables|
|Supported Optics and Cables||
DAC cable (SFP+): 0.5m, 1m, 1.5m, 2m, 2.5m, 3m, and 5m
AOC cable (SFP+, 850nm, MMF): 1m, 3m, 7m, 10m, 20m, and 100m
DAC cable (QSFP+): 1m, 3m, and 5m
DAC cable (QSFP+, fan-out): 1m, 3m, and 5m
AOC cable (QSFP+, 850nm, MMF): 7m and 10m
DAC cable (QSFP28): 1m, 3m, and 5m
DAC cable (QSFP28, fan-out): 3m
AOC cable (QSFP28, 850m, MMF): 1m, 3m, 5m, and 10m
10G optic (SFP+, LC, 850nm, MMF): 10GBASE-SR optic
10G optic (SFP+, LC, 1310nm, SMF): 10GBASE-LR optic
40G optic (QSFP+, MPO, 850nm, MMF): 40GBASE-SR4
40G optic (QSFP+, LC, 1310nm, SMF): 40GBASE-LR4
100G optic (QSFP28, MPO, 850nm, MMF): 100GBASE-SR4
100G optic (QSFP28, MPO, 1310nm, SMF): 100GBASE-PSM4
100G optic (QSFP28, LC, 1310nm, SMF): 100GBASE-LR4
BMS T3048-LY7 (1LY7UZZ0ST2) Front to Back, with rail kit
BMS T3048-LY7 (1LY7UZZ0ST3) Back to Front, with rail kit
BMS T3048-LY7 (1LY7UZZ0ST4) (F-2-B, AC, Rangeley with CL OS pre-loaded, US only)
BMS T3048-LY7 (1LY7UZZ0ST5) (B-2-F, AC, Rangeley with CL OS pre-loaded, US only)
PSU - Red (AF500B00074) (F-2-B, AC, 500W)
PSU - Blue (AF500B00075) (B-2-F, AC, 500W)
FAN Module (1HYQZZZ0165) (F-2-B)
FAN Module (1HYQZZZ0166) (B-2-F)
Installation / Setup Tips (5)
- 1. [Switch] Can Cumulus Linux runs on QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 2. [Switch] Can I change the Network Operating System (NOS) on the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 3. [Switch] Can I replace the power supply unit (PSU) and fan to a different direction airflow by myself?
- 4. [Switch] The redundant power supply unit (PSU) in QuantaMesh Switch.
- 5. [Switch] Why did the ports suddenly go down on QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch with evaluation license of QuantaMesh Network OS ?
- 1. [Switch] How can I evaluate the QuantaMesh Network OS (QNOS) on the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 2. [Switch] What is SDN-ready QuantaMesh Ethernet Switch?
- 3. [Switch] What is included in the QuantaMesh Network Operating System (QNOS)?
- 4. [Switch] What is the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch (QuantaMesh BMS)?
- 5. [Switch] Which QuantaMesh Switches are recommended for the Open Compute Project (OCP)?
- 6. [Switch] Which items are included in the package of a QuantaMesh Switch?