Newest QCT Storage Server Features Intel Xeon-D Processors to Support Cloudian HyperStore and Ceph Object Storage Solutions
The QuantaGrid SD1Q-1ULH—an ultra-dense, space-conscious storage server—delivers cost-effective, simple-to-manage, hyper-scalable storage.
SAN JOSE, California // November 9, 2015 – QCT has unveiled its newest storage server—the QuantaGrid SD1Q-1ULH—featuring the Intel® Xeon® D-1500 processor family. The Intel® Xeon® D-1500 (formerly Broadwell-DE) processor family is designed to maximize datacenter efficiencies by bringing the performance and advanced intelligence of Intel® Xeon® processors into a dense, lower-power System on a Chip.
The QuantaGrid SD1Q-1ULH, a 1U hybrid scale-out storage server, offers ultra-dense, space-conscious storage. Key features include:
● tri-tier hybrid storage architecture, which supports a single (M.2) NVMe SSD, up to four 2.5” SATA SSDs and 12 3.5” HDDs
● System-on-Chip (SoC) platform with embedded 10Gb Ethernet and low power consumption
The QuantaGrid SD1Q-1ULH is ideal for Cloudian HyperStore and Ceph object storage solutions.
● With Cloudian’s HyperStore object storage software, the QCT SD1Q-1ULH server with Intel® Xeon® processor D-1500 offers capacity storage at a game-changing cost structure. The solution is based on a peer-to-peer architecture, which means customers simply need to add another QCT SD1Q-IULH to expand their storage pool. Furthermore, the QCT/Cloudian solution takes advantage of the Amazon S3 ecosystem, which includes over 500 compatible business applications and thereby delivers unmatched investment protection. The QCT SD1Q-1ULH server is a great platform for building and deploying Amazon S3-like hybrid storage solutions with seamless mobility to an S3 public or S3-API-compatible private cloud.
● For Ceph applications, the SD1Q-1ULH’s hybrid storage reference architecture provides three layers of cache and storage hierarchy; offers embedded 10Gb Ethernet, high core count and low power consumption; and delivers 3,800 MB/s throughput and 10,000 IOPS based on fundamental four scale-out SD1Q-1ULH nodes.(1) It provides an ideal, simple building block to achieve the attractive $/GB and also meet the needs of the most demanding enterprises and hyper-scale data centers.
In Q1 2016, QCT will offer its customers an opportunity to test SD1Q-1ULH storage servers with Ceph and Cloudian HyperStore object storage solutions. Representing a million-dollar investment, a testing environment featuring two fully populated racks of SD1Q-1ULH with several petabytes of raw storage capacity is being established at QCT’s Cloud Solution Center in San Jose. Free to customers, the testing program will have limited capacity and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. More information will be announced in January.
"The QCT brand has emerged as the leader in hyperscale cloud datacenter hardware. Working with Intel and Cloudian to deliver advanced storage platforms powered by the most efficient processor family on the market, we're giving customers greater choice and value, powered by our hyperscale DNA and the exceptional engineering of partners like Intel and Cloudian."
—Mike Yang, general manager, QCT
“Cloudian’s HyperStore object storage software, combined with QCT SD1Q-1ULH server with Intel® Xeon® processor D-1500 product family, enables our customer to affordably address and manage the onslaught of data they are facing. Our joint solutions are focused on capacity storage – back up, archive, IOT, big data, etc. – and address over 80 percent of today’s storage needs. Together we are delivering game-changing, scalable S3-compatible storage.”
—Michael Tso, CEO and founder, Cloudian
QCT (Quanta Cloud Technology) is a global datacenter solution provider extending the power of hyperscale datacenter design in standard and open SKUs to all datacenter customers. Product lines include servers, storage, network switches, integrated rack systems and cloud solutions, all delivering hyperscale efficiency, scalability, reliability, manageability, serviceability and optimized performance for each workload. QCT offers a full spectrum of datacenter products and services from engineering, integration and optimization to global supply chain support, all under one roof. The parent of QCT is Quanta Computer, Inc., a Fortune Global 500 technology engineering and manufacturing company. More at http://www.QCT.io.
(1) The QCT SD1Q-1ULH is configured with one 6-core Intel® Xeon® D1531 processor, dual embedded 10Gb ports, 64GB DDR4 memory, 4x Intel S3610 480GB SSDs and 12x 4TB SATA HDDs.
Cathey Communications for QCT