Extremely Low Power, High Density 3U Microserver
- High Density and Simplicity
- Everything Goes Efficient
* Limited Availability *
Please contact a local distributor or QCT local office for the product availability and support.
Extremely Low Power, High Density 3U Microserver
With 24 server nodes in a compact 3U chassis, the Quanta STRATOS S900-X31A is the most advanced microserver built upon Intel® Atom™ processor S1200 product family which supports 64-bit computing architecture and ECC memory for the enterprise. S900-X31A delivers dramatic power efficiency: less than 10 watts per node, with industry-leading thermal and space design. It is optimized for the applications of dedicated web hosting and hyper-scale workloads.
High Density and Simplicity
The S900-X31A is designed with one goal: Simplify datacenter operation by increasing density and reducing cabling complexity. One Quanta S900-X31A microserver contains 12 cable-free, hot-pluggable sleds that are independently operative. Each sled has 2 server nodes powered by Intel® Atom™ processor S1200 product family for microservers. Each node supports up to 8 GB of memory, two 2.5" internal HDDs, and one GbE RJ45 port.
All server nodes can share one console port and two 10GbE SFP+ ports for uplink via an optional switch board. Comparing with competing solutions offering isolated management design, Quanta's microserver requires users to attach only one network cable on a dedicated management port to manage all nodes. QCT's innovative internal Ethernet switching board and integrated management design not only greatly simplify the cable management and make the remote management much easier for datacenters, but also reduce the OPEX & CAPEX by eliminating extra Top-of-Rack switch and network cable equipment need.
Everything Goes Efficient
S900-X31A shares components including fans, power supplies, and Ethernet switch in a Quanta X3 3U chassis. Plus support of extremely low power processors, the STRATOS S900-X31A dramatically lowers power consumption and increases heat dissipation. The shared infrastructure design makes S900-X31A especially attractive for datacenters with limited power and space. Therefore, the microserver not only largely cuts cost, but also dramatically saves energy, datacenter floor space, and cabling to achieve greater performance/watt and performance/dollar compared to traditional 1U 1-socket servers.
Intel® Atom® processor S1200 product family
|Number of Processors||
(1) per node
|W x H x D (inch)||
17.6 x 5.1 x 29.8
|W x H x D (mm)||
447 x 130.8 x 758
(2) 2.5" per node
(1) slot per node
up to 8GB
Intel® I350 single port 1GbE per node
Dedicated 10/100 Mbps magement port on the system
Built-in switch with two 10G SFP+ ports for uplink on the system
Built-in switch with (2) 10G SFP+ ports for uplink
(1) Mini-USB per node
(1) GbE RJ45 ports per node
(1) 10/100 RJ 45 magement port on the system
(2) 10GbE SFP+ ports on the system
(1) switch console port on the system)
Marvell 88SE9130 SATA RAID 0,1
1+1 high efficiency redundant hog-plug 1200W, 80 Plus Platinum
(3) hot plug system fans for the sleds and (1) for the PSUs
Integrated AST2300M with 8MB DDR3 video memory
IPMI v2.0 Compliant, on board "KVM over IP" support
Operating temperature: 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)
Non-operating temperature: -40°C to 65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
Operating relative humidity: 50% to 85%RH.
Non-operating relative humidity: 20% to 90%RH
|Weight (Max. Configuration)|
|Weight (Max. Configuration)||
Installation / Setup Tips (11)
- 1. Stop Error 0x1A in the nt!MiUpdateWsle function in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- 2. Can't boot UEFI installed OS in Legacy mode?
- 3. Installing Oracle Linux 7 will generate the failure message : Failed to insert module 'autofs4'.
- 4. Cannot run under Administrative privileges java based Disk Management Utility under windows 2012
- 5. If user has run into an issue when setting up the bios that causes a no boot screen.
- 6. Is there a way to get MB SN via ipmi?
- 7. Please read the readme file before attempting upgrade BIOS/BMC.
- 8. Couldn't install UEFI CentOS 6.2 when BIOS Boot mode as UEFI
- 9. RHEL 7 can't install guest OS from CD/DVD-ROM.
- 10. Setting resolution by hot key ''CTRL'' + ''ALT'' + ''+'' or ''-'' doesn't work in RHEL7.
- 11. System doesn't shut down when doing graceful shutdown function via QSM.
- 1. Can not detect on-board RSTe RAID (0, 1, 10) when install Ubuntu 12.04.03
- 2. Can not detect on-board RSTe RAID (0, 1, 10) when installing VMware ESXi 5.5.
- 3. HDD disorder in Linux OS
- 4. How do I rebuild a software RAID 1 array after a disk failure?
- 5. Linux OS Support for Disk Drives Beyond 2.2 TeraBytes (TB)
- 6. UEFI RHEL6.5 will randomly reboot due to Watchdog2 Hard Reset(SMS/OS) occur
- 1. How to get node location with ipmi command?
- 2. Memory detect issue.
- 3. On RHEL 5.1 64-bit, there are some BIOS bug & MEMORY events occured.
- 4. When booting up with Mellanox CX3 Pro, the system will display ''Unable to locate configuration file."
- 5. [WHCK]Test items ''UEFI Firmware Certification Test'' failed under UEFI W2K8R2SP1.
Advanced HPC, Inc. - Reseller / System Integrator
4887 Ronson Court, Suite A, San Diego, CA 92111-1814
Phone (858) 268-9600
Toll-Free (877) 870-2472
DataOn - Reseller / System Integrator
1247 N. Lakeview Ave. #C, Anaheim, CA 92807
AMAX Engineering Corp. - Reseller / System Integrator
1565 Reliance Way, Fremont, CA 94539
Toll-Free (800) 800-6328
ASA Computers Inc. - Reseller / System Integrator
645 National Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043
Toll-Free (800) REAL-PCS
ASI - Distributor
48289 Fremont Blvd. Fremont, CA 94538
Avnet, Inc. - Distributor
2580 Junction Avenue, San Jose, CA 95134
BlueChipTek - Reseller / System Integrator
3350 Scott Blvd. #64, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Cirrascale - Reseller / System Integrator
12140 Community Road., Poway, CA 92064
Toll-Free 888 942 3800
Colfax International - Reseller / System Integrator
750 Palomar Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Continental Resources - Reseller / System Integrator
175 Middlesex Turnpike Suite 1 | P.O. Box 9137 Bedford, MA 01730-9137
Cray Inc. - Reseller / System Integrator
446 S Abbott Avenue, Milpitas, CA
Daystrom - Reseller / System Integrator
225 Cabrillo HWY S Suite 103D. Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Genstor - Reseller / System Integrator
1501 Space Park Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Toll-Free 877-25 SERVER
HPM Networks, Inc. - Reseller / System Integrator
6700 Koll Center Parkway, Suite 250 Pleasanton, CA 94566
Phone (925) 965-0700
International Computer Concepts - Reseller / System Integrator
300 Wainwright Dr, Northbrook, IL 60062
iXsystems - Reseller / System Integrator
2490 Kruse Dr. San Jose, CA 95678
Phone (408) 943-4100
Ma Labs - Distributor
2075 North Capital Avenue, San Jose, CA 95132
Mazda Computing - Reseller / System Integrator
2526 Qume Dr., Bldg. 22, San Jose, CA 95131
Myriad Supply Company LLC - Reseller / System Integrator
22 West 19th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10011
Penguin Computing - Reseller / System Integrator
45800 Northport Loop West Fremont, CA 94538
RackLive - Reseller / System Integrator
645 National Ave Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone (650) 230-8060
Redapt Inc. - Reseller / System Integrator
12226 134th CT NE, Building D, Redmond, WA 98052
Servers Direct LLC - Reseller / System Integrator
20480 E Business Pkwy, City of Industry, CA 91789
SHI International Corp. - Reseller / System Integrator
290 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ, 08873 USA
SYNNEX - Distributor
44201 Nobel Drive Fremont, CA 94538
Phone (800) 756-9888
Tuangru - Reseller / System Integrator
160 Greentree Drive Suite 101 Dover, Delaware 19904
Unix Surplus - Reseller / System Integrator
3060 Raymond St, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone 877-864-9123 ext 122